Weddings at Chapel Hill
Contact Shirley Lowe at email@example.com to ensure your desired date is available on the master calendar.
If the desired date is available, the church office will contact you to arrange for a meeting to discuss the following:
- Chapel Hill UMC Wedding Policy
- Your Requested Officiating Pastor
- Wedding Details
The Senior Pastor will review your request and select the clergy that will serve. Outside clergy may serve at the invitation and discretion of the Senior Pastor.
- A mandatory deposit secures the wedding date on the master calendar.
- Pre-marital counseling is required. You may choose to meet this requirement through either:
- Your Private Therapist, Counselor, or Pastor
- Attending Engaged Encounter
The officiating clergy will meet with the couple to discuss the ceremony.
- The booklet Planning Your Wedding describes in more detail the use of the facility including the fee structure. You may obtain a copy of the booklet from the church office or you may view it by clicking here.
- To reserve the facility, submit a deposit to the church office at least 60 days prior to the event. Full payment is due a week prior to the day of the event. The fee includes the following rooms for your use: the Sanctuary, one dressing room for the bride and her attendants, and one room for the groom and his attendants.
Musical selection, both instrumental and vocal, should express the praise, joy and love of the marriage ceremony. In order to allow you to express your own individuality, the couple may choose music and performers.
The sound system is included in the fee structure for all weddings and must be operated by an approved Chapel Hill sound technician. The wedding party should coordinate any additional sound or video requirements with the Chapel Hill sound technician well in advance of the event.