Chapel Hill United Methodist Church (CHUMC), a growing congregation on the east side of Wichita, currently offers the following part-time employment opportunities:
Chapel Hill Preschool is passionate about expanding young minds in a Christ-centered, developmentally appropriate educational setting. We are currently hiring a Lead Teacher and two Assistant Teachers for the 2018-19 school year who are energetic, positive people that can have fun while teaching. View the lead teacher posting here, and find the assistant teacher posting here. Candidates with candidates with early childhood teaching experience preferred. To apply, review the appropriate job listing above, then submit resume, three professional references, and unofficial transcript/certificate of any college degree(s) earned to Preschool Director Mandi Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone inquiries at 316.684.1117 will be taken during office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Kid’s Day in Christ (KDiC) is a kid’s day out program that provides children aged six months through six years old a safe, nurturing, and structured environment to embrace the love and grace of Jesus Christ. We offer a Christ-centered program that includes free play, recess, music/story time, and lots of fun for children. Hours are Tuesday through Friday, 9 am-2 pm.
KDiC Teacher – Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise your assigned room of children
- Prepare materials for crafts and assist the children
- Provide hygiene care for children (responsibilities include: diaper changes, wiping noses, feeding meals and snacks, etc.) on an as needed basis.
- Contribute to new ideas with crafts, themed lessons, and music/story time
- Encourage children to engage independently in developmentally appropriate activities
- Communicate effectively with parents, children, and co-teachers in a positive way.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Good communicator
- Calm, confident, and positive demeanor
- Friendly and outgoing
- Committed Christian who is looking to teach a Christ centered curriculum
- Must be 18 years or older
- Experience in childcare is preferred
- Completed application and background check
There is some training required and most of the costs will be covered.
To inquire, write to email@example.com or call 316-684-1117.