by Cindy Tannehill, September 17, 2013
Oscar Muriu, Senior Pastor at the Nairobi Chapel in Kenya, spoke at the Leadership Summit about Viral Leadership – Multiplying you Impact Exponentially. In essence, his talk was about raising up the next generation of leaders in our churches, businesses, communities, and the world.
Oscar named 5 convictions his church holds dear that help raise, nurture, and launch the next generation of leaders for Kingdom work.
- Find leaders, invest in them, follow them, and never stop training and encouraging them to raise more leaders
- Invest your time and resources mightily in the next generation
- Identify the budding leaders around you and take them to God in prayer first
- Instill the Biblical loves into your budding leaders:
And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. Mark 12:30-31
- Never do ministry alone. Always have budding leaders around you.
At Chapel Hill, our culture encourages doing ministry together. We strive to have co-leaders and budding leaders in training for all ministries, so no one is leading or trying to do ministry alone.