Weddings at Chapel Hill
Contact Wedding Coordinator Amanda Neppl at email@example.com to ensure your desired date is available on the master calendar.
If the desired date is available, Amanda will contact you to arrange for a meeting to discuss the following:
- Chapel Hill UMC Wedding Policy
- Your Requested Officiating Pastor
- Wedding Details
The Senior Pastor will be informed of your request and will select the clergy that will serve. Outside clergy are allowed to serve at the invitation of the Senior Pastor.
- A deposit is required to secure the wedding date on the master calendar.
- Pre-marital counseling is required. You may choose to meet this requirement through either:
- Your Private Therapist, Counselor, or Pastor
- Attending Engaged Encounter
The officiating clergy will meet with the couple to discuss the ceremony.
- The booklet Planning Your Wedding describes in more detail the use of the facility including the fee structure. You may obtain a copy of the booklet from Amanda or you may view it by clicking here.
- A deposit is required to reserve the facility and due to the church office a minimum of 60 days prior to the event. Full payment is expected a week prior to the day of the event. The following rooms are included for use: the Sanctuary, one dressing room for the bride and her attendants, and one room for the groom and his attendants.
Musical selection, both instrumental and vocal, should express the praise, joy and love of the marriage ceremony. In order to allow you to express your own individuality, the choice of music and performers is left to the couple.
The sound system is included in the fee structure for all weddings and must be operated by an approved Chapel Hill sound technician. It is also requested that any additional sound or video requirements be coordinated with the Chapel Hill sound technician well in advance of the event.
Amanda Neppl, Wedding Coordinator